Week 9

12th October

This week I was extremly tired and was sleeping up to 13 hours a night. However, I wasn't feeling quite as sick and was being sick about 10 - 15 times a day. Because this was 5 times less a day than the previous week I didn't realise how serious it acually still was.

I was beginning to feel a bit fed up already and enjoyed having family and friends around so I wasn't so lonely. However, at the same time I wanted to be alone, I didn't want people hearing me being sick, I couldn't be bothered making conversation with anyone.

People were still, with the best intentions, suggesting ways for me to help the sickness. I tried everything that was suggested but nothing made any difference. I accepted the advice and thanked people but it was so hard because people just were not understanding how it felt.

I went back to the doctors on Wednesday. I explained my sickness to the doctor, I explained that I was being sick up to 15 times a day, I explained that I was unable to eat, I wasn't drinking very much, I was passing little urine and every day activities (like having a shower) had become too difficult. This doctor (who obviously has no clue about this illness) told me nothing could be done and refused to even write me a sick line for work!! I was nearly in tears before he gave in and wrote me another line for a week. I couldn't believe how unsympathetic somebody could be. After speaking to this doctor I started thinking this was just normal morning sickness and really believed nothing could be done.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog. I am 35 weeks pregnant with #2 and have have severe hyperemsis for the majority of this pregnancy. I am going through each of your posts right now and relating to everything you are saying!! Everyone's constant suggestions of things eat were the worst! The last thing you want to do when you are struggling with HG is think about food!

    ReplyDelete