Week 11

26th October

By the time this week came I was unable to eat at all. The smell of the house made me sick, the smell of the dogs made me sick, the smell of another person made me sick and I only had to think about food to make me throw up!!

The sickness had increased to 30 times a day, I was keeping nothing down although I lived in denial telling myself I was fine. I was so low, I would have done anything to just have a day off being sick. I still felt that nobody understood, I felt angry that people didn't "get it". I was unable to move off the sofa and the only time I got any relief was when I was sleeping.

I had a basin in my hands every waking second as I didn't have time to get to the toilet. I couldn't control it.

I felt really down, I didn't care about anything or anyone. I was tired, I struggled to keep my eyes open, I just wanted it all to end - any way possible.

By the time Saturday came I was extremely dehydrated (although I didn't know it), I couldn't walk, my hand, arms, and feet were numb, I could feel my eyes rolling about but didn't have the strength to stop it.

Mum eventually persuaded me to get help. Dad, Steve and Emma had already tried but I insisted I was fine. I wasn't. If I had ingnored them any longer I could well not be here now. Steve phoned NHS 24 who advised me to go to the out of hours doctors in Perth.

I struggle to remember the rest of the night, I remember vomiting uncontrolably in the van on the way to Perth, I remember begging for any injection which would stop me being sick, I remember the doctor acting very worried, I remember getting put in the back of an ambulance, I remember lots of injections and blood tests and being asked lots of questions in Ninewells.

I closed my eyes in hospital and didn't know if I'd wake up but I didn't care as long as the sickness stopped

1 comment:

  1. Sleep was definitely the only relief and even that was a struggle! I completely understand the desire to just want it to end, no matter the cost!

    ReplyDelete