Week 8

5th October

I was due back to work on Tuesday, I was worried about going back because over the last couple of days I had become very sick. I was sick a couple of times every waking hour (up to 20 times a day).

Work was difficult on Tuesday, I kept disappearing to the toilet which in my job isn't really possible. I tried my hardest to get on with it and pretend I was fine. I struggled through the day but I managed it. I was extremely tired that night after work which made the sickness worse.

I had days off on Wednesday and Thursday which I was thankful for. I made an appointment with the doctor on Thursday. I got a young doctor who didn't know much about "morning sickness" so he called another colleague in to discuss what to do. The more experienced doctor explained to me that medication during pregnancy was too dangerous so all I was to do was rest. He signed me off work for a week.

I had never heard of "hyperemesis", I knew nothing about sickness during pregnancy, I knew nothing about taking medication during pregnancy and I definately never knew anything about the effects hyperemesis can have on a person emotionally. I left the doctors that day knowing nothing more than I did when I went in.

The rest of that week was a struggle, although I did manage to eat and drink. I craved bland food like dry spagetti, baked potato and soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment