Week 12

2nd November

I was sent home from hospital on cyclizine alone. For the first few days this was ok. I was eating little amounts and trying to keep my fluid intake up.

People began to act a bit different now I had been in hospital and for the first time been diagnosed with Hyperemesis. Finally!! I hoped now people would realise it wasn't over-reacting or making a big deal out of nothing. However, this isn't the case because nobody knows anything about hyperemesis. Severe sickness - thats about as far as the understanding goes. Nobody realises the emotional effects - the depression, the lonliness, the anger. Nobody understands the other physical effects - the tiredness, unable to live a normal life.

I done some reading myself on hyperemesis otherwise I would have only known what I experienced. I think hyperemesis is an illness like depression - you can only fully understand it after you have personally experienced it.

I struggled this week trying to get out a couple of times but it was so tiring! I found the days I went out worse with nausea and by the end of the week I had started vomiting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment