Week 14


16th November

Some days are good, some are bad......... The drugs were still helping. Some days I felt sicker and tireder than others. Some days I had a few minutes where I actually got to forget I had hyperemesis. Some days I couldn't eat at all. Some days I ate a steak dinner! I never knew what the next day could bring but as long as it wasn't vomiting I didn't care.

In some ways this time, emotionally, is harder than when I was actually vomiting. I guess you feel people are now thinking that I'm not physically being sick now so why am I not just getting on with it and getting back to work.

I don't think people realise that for week after week, a person with hyperemesis can be house bound and sofa/bed bound! Your body begins to eat into your muscle because all your fat has been used. Your body has been starved of food and fluid and it takes a long time to build it back up again.

This week, we went to the hospital for another scan so Steve got to see his baby looking like a baby for the first time. We also had the booking appointment which was good. Steve, me and our families have such boring medical history that the appointment didn't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment