Week 23

18th January 2010.....

This is the week I am intending on going back to work..... I am worrying about how I will cope. I can't believe after 4 months off work and at 6 months pregnant I am not allowed to phase myself back in to work. Anyway I am willing to try!

The couple of days lead up was awful. I was very sick, unable to eat or drink and had ketones in my urine. I was very tired as I was unable to sleep. However, I put it down to the worry of returning to work. I was due back on Wednesday the 20th but I was actually on days off until Sunday the 24th.

Sunday came, I got up early, got myself ready and was sick before I left the house (not a good start). Anyway, I took a tablet and off I went. I managed to get to work without having to stop the car. I walked in, got changed and was sick again. I was a few minutes early so I made a cup of tea and sat down. It was nice to see everyone and be in the company of others rather than the same few I have seen over the last 4 months. I was lucky that my colleagues were understanding and helped me out a bit. I managed the whole day and went home proud but spent the evening being very sick. I went to bed ready to start a new shift tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment