Week 25


1st Feb 2010.....

The week started quite good, I was still very sick but I felt I had it under control.

On Wednesday, I had my first appointment with the community midwife. I wasn't very impressed by her. She wasn't concerned about...... well anything! I had very low blood pressure (which I have had since I got pregnant) but she said "we'll just keep an eye on it", I had blood in my urine but she said "thats normal during pregnancy", I told her my baby hasn't been moving so much since I have been taking stemitil but she said "just sit down and have a cold drink"..... She also said that unless I am going to breastfeed then there is no point in going to antenatal classes and just read a book instead!!! I disagreed so she told me to phone the hospital and find out about the classes myself. Anyway, she felt baby and listened to the heartbeat. She said that I have a small baby and lots of fluid but thats nothing to worry about.

By Wednesday night, I was vomiting blood again. I do tell everyone its normal and everythings ok but inside I do worry. Obviously vomiting blood isn't normal however the doctor said that it is caused by wretching. I don't think I have been wretching this week but I leave it (as usual) and will see how it goes.

I started to feel a bit better by the end of this week. I am not being sick as much and I think I am managing to keep more food down......... here's hoping!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am 23 weeks and I too suffer with HG. I feel your pain, and its hard to find people that understand. I worry alot to.. but like you I say everything is fine, or it will be, with each new "adventure" I try and be brave, and now its wearing on me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you are also suffering HG. I am now 29 1/2 weeks and its still ongoing.... I hope yours improves soon and all the best x

    ReplyDelete