Week 22


11th January 2010....

It has been quite an uneventful week this week. I have been quite sick again and I am again taking medication every day. It is disappointing as I keep thinking the sickness has stopped and then I realise it is only the medication keeping it away.

I have decided I am going to try and go back to work now. My date for returning is the 20th January although I am on days off so I am not actually back until the 24th. I was hoping to get phased return as I have been off now for 4 months and I know I will really struggle to work full time straight away. However, I have been told I will not get phased return because I don't have a physical illness (which I strongly disagree with as dehydration was certainly physical).... I lost about a stone and a half within 3 weeks. Now though, I am only a couple of pounds below what the minimum weight I should be when 22 weeks pregnant (based on my height and normal weight) so I am really pleased.

I have something to look forward this week.... Steve had organised a trip to London to see Grease at Piccadilly Theatre this weekend. I am really looking forward to getting away for a night. The weekend came and went quickly but I really enjoyed it. I was so tired after travelling and walking in London and that made me feel quite sick but I managed through it without a problem. I was so tired when I got home on Sunday night but it had been worth it.

Just a week left to get myself ready for getting back to work.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog through a web search I did on "Hyperemesis". I am so sorry your going through it! I just had my second baby, and I had it with both! It's miserable.

    I just started a blog about my experience with it. You can visit at babyyouremakingmesick.blogspot.com

    I wanted to add a link list of other personal experiences, let me know if youre interested in allowing me to use yours!

    Either way, I enjoyed your blog! Keep it up and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe your work said you didn't have a physical illness! Nothing is more physical then vomitting 20+ times per day and not being able to get out of bed! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete