Week 16

30th November 2009


This week hasn't been such a good week. I have been feeling very nauseous and was sick several times on Tuesday night. I have been unable to eat so much, most days just having a sandwich or picking at a few things. This is the first time in my life I have wanted to want a huge takeaway binge!!

I have also been suffering very bad headaches for the last few days. Obviously when your pregnant you can't take a lot of medication so I've just had to put up with them. Compared to the sickness and nausea the headaches are more than managable.

I had another doctors appointment on Monday for more medication and another sick line for work. The doctor confirmed what I already knew...... that he does not know anything about hyperemesis. He asked whether the midwife, at my booking appointment, had suggested what medication I could take and if she told me when my hyperemesis would finish. I looked at him confused when he asked the second question, he's meant to be a doctor!! There is no date for it to stop, it can stop at any time or continue on until I give birth. He signed me off for another four weeks and gave me a repeat prescription (just the same as every other doctors appointment!!).

We went baby shopping for the first time at the weekend. It was good and I think we both enjoyed it. We bought a couple of baby outfits, a teddy the same size as me for babies bedroom and a pram!! We had no intention of buying something like that at 16 weeks but it was far too good a deal to pass on and we had to get it. It was the first time I have actually felt pregnant and not just ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment